Skip to main content

You can't hurry love...


A friend shared this video with me a few weeks ago and in the midst of my own waiting it encouraged me more than I would have imagined.  There aren't many words to describe how awesome and truly anointed Janette...Ikz is and how timely her words are.  As a single woman, or man for that matter, waiting can be one of the hardest things we ever have to do.  As you can tell from my previous post, I'm still waiting... Amen! lol  The word in her poem gives all the reasons we need for waiting and why we should truly wait with joy.  Joy in knowing that while we are in our process, the one from whose rib we came, is being prepared as well. 

Genesis 2:21-24  So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. The man said,  “This is now bone of my bones,And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.” For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.


Tells us the story of how God created woman from one of Adam's ribs and how he came to call us woman, because we were taken out of him. 

The reason I take joy in waiting is because knowing that I'll be reunited with my source is awesome.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he created me or formed me, but that we were made for one another.  Just as God created Eve for Adam, He created each of us for someone.  If you read through Genesis you'll find that once God created Eve, He gave THEM dominion, gave THEM commands and instructions, together.  There's something special about having someone to share everything with.  Especially when you're one in spirit and have the same vision.

My pastor preached a message about relationships relating relationships to the rooms of a house and how you move through the house with someone you've invited in.  In that sermon he said something so profound and humbling at the same time... He said that there are some places in the spirit that a man will never reach until he is with his mate because she carries a part of his destiny.  How awesome is that??  To know that you carry a part of someone else's destiny.  Just like in the natural, the man is the seed carrier and planter and the woman carries (nurtures) and births it. 

So if God gives the husband a vision for global ministry, the woman then becomes responsible for helping that vision come to pass.  It may be through covering her husband in prayer and fasting, God may download the administrative plans through the wife, He may give her an plan for an arm of the ministry or simply bless her with the capacity to be a spiritual mother to those coming under the ministry.  However it happens, God is preparing us for mates that we not only partner with in life, but in ministry and kingdom building.

It's an amazing feeling to know that God has someone out there for you who shares the same desires of heart as you.  You just seem to fit together effortlessly, you don't have to wear any masks, be insecure, try to impress them, or prove anything to them.  The love you simply because you're you. 

To my ribcage, my Adam, my Joseph, my Boaz, my yang, my ministry partner, my babies' daddy (b/c I will not have kids until I'm married), my boo, my love, my hunny darling dewdrops...


I WILL WAIT FOR YOU!

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate