Skip to main content

Fresh!

My pastor is preaching and teaching a series on becoming good ground and today's message was awesome (as always). There was a certain part of the sermon where he had us tell our neighbor to start over.  Sometimes things don't really hit you until you say them out loud and you get cut by your own words.  My God, that thing cut me so deep today...  I had already been feeling a fresh start on some things and with some people but this was confirmation.

He was talking about how the thorns and thickets ended up here because the ground was cursed due to disobedience (Genesis 3:17). The crazy thing wasn't the ground being cursed or the disobedience... the thing that just came from waaaaaaayyyy back and sucker-punched me in the back of my head was when he said they were still in disobedience to the original command God had given them and were responsible for fixing it, or in other words, doing what God told us to do the first time... even after receiving the wrong spiritual counsel. All I could do was put a bandage on the cut, didn't have time to sew it up.  

Short and sweet version... START OVER!! 

The things you know you should be putting more effort into... START OVER!
Your relationship that's falling apart...  START OVER!
Failing grades, dropped out of school...START OVER!
Bad family relationships...START OVER!
Wallet/purse full of dust... START OVER!
If you're just plain ol' messy... DEFINITELY START OVER!
Lost your relationship or intimacy with God... HE'S WAITING ON YOU TO START OVER!
Whatever you haven't done, been, or given your best to and you know what God told you concerning that thing.. Start over, NOW!

God did...
In Genesis He started over with creation and even again with the flood... In the new testament He gave us a start over option when He was born of flesh, suffered, bled, died and rose again for us... and others when He left baptism and communion for us.  More than anything His grace and mercy are the ultimate chances to start over.  Every day that God breathes breath into your body is a chance to start over.  Not giving us liberty to abuse His grace and mercy by continuing in sin, but allowing us the opportunity to get it right.  


CONFESSION: God, I know I messed up some things you told me to do and some opportunities you gave me.  I've even messed up in some areas of assignment, but right now I'm humbly asking that you allow me to START OVER.  I will do it like you told me to this time, I will say what you tell me to this time, and I will let go of who and what you tell me to, WHEN you tell me to.  I will not be distracted or accept ungodly counsel.  I will not seek ungodly counsel, nor will I entertain suggestions from the enemy. I will stay in my process and stop trying to run out, rush, speed through, and avoid my process.  I will allow you to make me into GOOD GROUND! 

Comments

Starting over is a necessity at times and I am glad that I get a fresh start daily...ea. time I wake up, God is giving me another chance to get it right. Do I always get it right,No. But I thank God that HE is a forgiving GOD, a God of another chance, and I thank God for his Grace AND Mercy!Start Over.... as for me I'm still in RESET mode!
Anonymous said…
Wonderful message! Alot of people are bound by their past and not allowing development into their future and their relationship with God. When we place limits on ourselves we really are limiting God's work through us....

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate