Skip to main content

Oh what a night

Today has been an absolutely amazing day.  Miracles, signs, and wonders... I tell you, God has truly blown my mind in a brand new way.  I attend Asbury University where I am currently working on my Masters of Social Work.  I am blessed to be earning my degree at a Christian university, so our classes usually start off with prayer or devotions.  After receiving several praise reports in my second class today I was that much more excited to get to PHAT Tuesday.  PHAT Tuesday is an acronym for Prayer/Praise, Healing and Teaching, and our night for bible study.  I got there early to pray before service with a great spirit of expectancy.  Needless to say God showed up in that place.  The anointing and presence of God rested on us tonight and I thank God for favor and the blessing of His presence.

Everything we needed showed up in the atmosphere, healing, deliverance, praise, worship, a word, love, forgiveness, freedom, breakthrough... it was there. Words don't even do it justice.  Now Imagine coming home from that only to receive a phone call from a friend who just had her first chemo treatment but still has a praise on her lips!!! God you're so awesome!  Here she is telling me how she has peace about the whole situation and that she does not even believe she'll need all the treatments (and she won't, it's already been declared and spoken into her life).  Beyond that she began to just thank God for the little things... being able to life her hands in praise and worship, being able to eat and keep food on her stomach, even being able to eat on her own period, and how she got up for the first time since her treatment to do a pirouette. I'm so excited right now I could run through a building!  Simple things we take for granted, she earnestly praise God for.  When is the last time you've thanked God fro being able to chew on your own?

It blew me away to hear her Glorify God even through her sickness, she still has joy, she still has a positive attitude, and is such a beautiful person.  She's survived hurricane Katrina and now she's in the ring with breast cancer.  I don't know about you but a lot of people would have lost faith and cursed God by now.  Not her, she's pressing forward, even writing about it and trying to help others.

How fitting that my pastor talked about when we pray God will interrupt everything to get us an answer.  If He knows the number of hairs on our head (Matt. 10:30) and bottles our tears (Psalm 56:8), I know He will interrupt everything to get an answer to us.  As I sat down to say goodnight, I thought about the series of Dear God story books I bought for my babies (little cousins, friends' kids, etc.),   They simply explain the awesomeness of God so that even a child can understand.

Who else could create this world from chaos?  Who else could create the human body, so intricate and detailed, with over 5 billion different sets of fingerprints?  Who else could heal, deliver, save, restore, cleanse, purify, build up, break down, and trade joy for sorrow all at the same time?  Who else can give somebody a spirit of praise even from their sick bed?  Who else will allow somebody  to get fired and start their own business just to bless you?

Dear God, You can do ANYTHING!!!

Comments

R.Coles said…
good stuff conna keep posting

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate