Skip to main content

Stay In the Soup


Romans 8:25-27  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.


Many times we find ourselves lost and wondering what we're waiting for, what we're here for, what we're called for, and even what we're supposed to be doing.  For years I was in a place where I had absolutely no clue what my purpose was, why God had saved me, and what I was supposed to be doing with what He'd given me.  All I knew was I had a set of talents and things I was pretty good at that didn't seem to match or go together.  I loved people, was pretty good at teaching Sunday school (but I didn't really know the word well enough for my own self, let alone to teach it to anybody else), I could take little of nothing and put something great together, I had a degree in Fashion Design and no instructions from God to pursue that career, I knew how to do a lot of different things and had absolutely no clue how God was going to use what seemed like the contents of a junk drawyer to me.

I'd had dreams and visions of the future me but never really saw the big picture of what it was or exactly what I was doing.  So in this place of wondering and questioning God about my purpose, I patiently waited with the hopes that He would show me.  Meanwhile, I took the "junk drawer" of things I had and gave them to God and said " I don't know how you're going to use this, or what you can do with it God, but here it is... I'm giving it all to you for your service.  However you want to use me Lord, I'll do it."  

I had absolutely no idea what all my yes entailed.  Although this was my outward yes, God got  my yes in eternity past, before He ever shaped me in my mother's womb.  This yes was my release of control and my contract with God that I would endure my process to become a vessel for His use.  Since then, God has shown me so much about myself, his plans for my life, the things I'll do for Him and even some of those attached to me and my destiny.  I can't say that everything happened overnight, or that everything He's shown me has manifested, but that doesn't mean it's not on the way.  

In the midst of enduring my process I take comfort in knowing that the Spirit helps my infirmities and makes intercession for me.  Most people hear the word infirmities and think sickness or illness, but in this context it doesn't.  Infirmities or "astheneia" in the Greek means weakness of mind; a want of strength; or to understand a thing.  I can't speak for anybody else, but Lord knows my infirmities need help!! At times, I've been in a place where I had no idea what to pray for, how to pray for what I was feeling or experiencing and at times, I couldn't even find the words to pray for myself or explain it to someone else. The situation and the crushing was so intense that my natural self couldn't handle being potter's wheel.  But God!!  God knew exactly what I needed and I could not have explained it to save my life. 

If you're searching for you purpose, understanding, clarity, your destiny, or even just some peace of mind today, know that you can wait patiently in the hope of what you don't see yet; whether it be a job, healing, deliverance, a family, your ministry, an opportunity, a closer walk with God, or just an hour of "me" time.  In the moments when your faith slips, you're losing hope, or you can't quite find the words you need... call on Jesus,He can handle your infirmities and His spirit will intercede for you.  Be encouraged!

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate