Skip to main content

Daddy's little girls

I truly believe that children are a blessing and a precious gift from God.  Today I had the experience of being witnessed to by my 4 and 8 year old cousins.  It was the most precious thing ever and I can't even begin to describe how it blessed me.  I was so overjoyed and proud!  It's a blessing to know that seeds are going into good ground and the fruit is beginning to manifest.

I took my girls out for icecream, as I often do, and we were driving back to our granny's house when my 8 year old cousin asked me where God lives and my 4 year old cousin answers.  The conversation went as follows:

TT- Where does God live?
Vaeh- In heaven!
Me- God lives in heaven, but He's everywhere all the time.
TT- but we can't see Him and we can't touch Him...
Me- No but He can see us, and touch us, and we can feel Him on the inside.  He's everywhere all the time.
Vaeh- I think I feel Him right now!
 TT- so He's everywhere, but we can't see Him because He's invisible.  I think I'm in trouble because I just said I can't feel Him.

I couldn't help but smile at the thought that my baby wanted to feel the presence of God and she's only 4 and TT recognized that you're in trouble when you can't feel God.  Her words were more profound than she realized.  I love sharing with my little ones any chance I get but this conversation was extra special.

TT- so God sent us His son, Jesus?
Vaeh- you know what my ganny told me?  That Jesus died in the forest on a tree and they put a crown of thorns on His head and pressed it in until he was bleeding and they did lots of mean stuff to Him and then He died.
Me- you're right! Jesus did die on a cross, they did all those mean things to Him so that they wouldn't have to do them to us.  He died on the cross for us, so we wouldn't have to.  But He's not dead anymore, after He died He went back to heaven.
TT- He came back alive?  Can we do that?
Me- No.  When God was up in heaven He was a spirit and He couldn't talk to us like me and you are talking right now.  So he was born in a body, like we have. Then He was Jesus.  So now he could walk and talk and feel llike we do.  He taught us things and helped people and then they did all those mean things to Him and He died.  After He died, He came back to life but He was a spirit again.  When He went back to heaven He sent us the Holy Ghost to be our comforter. So when we're sad or sick or miss our mommy and daddy, we can feel Him on the inside.
TT- so we can feel Him on our skin? or all over?
Vaeh- I think I feel Him right now in my pinkie

You know I got tickled right here!  This is why I love spending time with my babies.  They're so sweet and innocent and precious...

TT- did He have the same body?
Me-No, he had a a new body..
Both girls- a new body?  Are we gonna have a new body?
TT- so what about the people in the graves?  Is Jesus gonna come and wake them up?
Me- Yes, when it's our time to go back with Jesus we will get a new body.There's 3 parts to us.  Our body, the part you can see.. then we have a soul and a spirit.  When we die, our spirit goes back to heaven with God and our soul is kinda like asleep unitl Jesus come back for us.
Vaeh- I wanna go live with Jesus, like my sissies.  Cause they already went to live with Jesus. They're in heaven, but I don't wanna die...

As the conversation continued, they began to ask me about what heaven was like and who would be there and what we would eat and if we would get a new mommy and daddy.  It was truly the best conversation I've had in a long long time.  It was such a sweet reminder of how Jesus told the disciples to bring the children to Him for such is the kingdom of heaven. 

It just blew my mind that they were able to have a conversation with me, that they started, and fully understand the concepts, the difference in the manifestations of God, and to even present Christ... How awesome is that.  They may not have all the wording, or all of the pieces, but they're getting it.. the seeds we've been planting are growing and the roots are spreading.  These babies have such a love for God and the things of God. 

I encourage you, even if you don't have children of your own, pour into these babies.  Speak into their futures, speak life over them, tell them they're seated in heavenly places, they're princes and princesses, heirs with Christ.  Share the word of God with them, teach them bible stories, help them learn scriptures at an early age.  Instead of sending them off to sit in front of a tv or computer, take the time and try reading a short verse of scripture with them.  Let the babies bless the food, let them lead the bedtime prayer, teach them the importance of a relationship with God and most importantly, let them know just how special and precious they are to their father.   In other words... train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Matthew 21:16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?


This was the perfect praise for me today!  Bless the Lord babies!

Comments

Unknown said…
I thoroughly enjoyed this blog. It's such a blessing when you see a manifestation of the Glory of God in children. Even though we go about doing as we are called to do, we like to see the fruits of our labor. Some evidence that what we are doing in His name is effective. Yes, it is such a blessing because children begin to blurt out the most random things which catch you by surpprise, like Ni'Kerrion does me. It let's us know what's in/on their hearts. Thank You for this post.
Judaja said…
I agree with Teresa. Today the kids at my church sat right next to me and wrapped their arms around me. My Dad(which is my Pastor) asked the little ones to come up in front of the church and someone read to them from the Children's Bible, the message for today. It's amazing they paid attention to every detail and even corrected the reader when she mispronounced a word. It is very important to instill in our babies the Word of God nothing give me more joy than seeing a baby(not excluding toddlers or older kids) raise their hands during worship or even dancing. But it is up to us to deposit the Word of God in their lives. Plant that seed! whoo hoo! :D. Great article Cha; ima spread this thang like peanut butter on a hot toast!

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate