Skip to main content

FRAGILE! Handle with Care

This week I had an in your face reminder of just how fragile the human mind is.  I was blessed with the opportunity to minister to someone suffering from a certain mental illness.  I've known for a while that she had been diagnosed with one thing, but because I'd never seen her have an episode, it was out of sight, out of mind.  


To see someone I'd always known as calm, cool, collected, sweet, mild mannered, and even tempered be so angry, afraid, and paranoid, was heartbreaking. She had literally become a prisoner in her own mind.  Every few minutes she, the person I'd always known, would peek through the bars and cry out letting me know, "Hey I'm still in here!"  Right before the paranoia would take over and throw her back into the cage.  I did all that I knew to do in that moment, I prayed and sent out a request for others to pray.  In that moment, her captors were more than I could handle on my own, but I couldn't just leave her prisoner.  I was horrified when I realized it never even crossed my mind to pray for her healing and deliverance before this night.  


As I silently watched her inward mental battle be displayed publicly, I was frozen emotionally.  I couldn't let her see me nervous or unsure, so I held back the tears that were pressing ever so quickly to the forefront of my eyes and put on a smile, all while my spirit screamed THE BLOOD OF JESUS! THE BLOOD OF JESUS! SATAN I REBUKE YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS, SHE IS A CHILD OF GOD AND YOU CANNOT HAVE HER MIND! EVERY VOICE OTHER THAN GOD'S HAS TO CEASE RIGHT NOW IN JESUS' NAME!


As we continued to walk and talk I reminded her that God has not given us the spirit of fear (and she finished quoting the scripture before I could finish)and even to cast down the thoughts and imaginations that were being planted in her mind.  That night when I took her to a safe place, my heart was grieved, but I rejoiced in how good God had been to even keep her to this point and how much more appreciative I was for Him holding my mind together.  


I remember a time when my mind was literally walking away as I sat helplessly watching it go.  I thank God that He caught it and held it together, put it back in place, healed it, and restored it.  I just wanted to encourage someone who is battling their mind, a prisoner being held captive by the others in their mind, or dealing with a loved one in this state.  God is able to renew your mind! He's able to restore the mind of your loved ones!  He's able to bring peace to the storm that's raging in your thoughts, and if it seems that all is lost, He knows exactly where to go and gather the pieces.  Declare and decree a new mind over yourself, speak new life to the mind of your loved one, cast down vain imaginations, tell the enemy to shut up and declare a communications black out!  Deliver a spiritual cease and desist order.


And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2


Take time out to renew your mind daily, seek God for regulation of your thoughts, plead the blood of Jesus over your own mind, and ask God to hold it together when you feel it slipping.


Father we come to you right now to praise you in advance for our healing.  Lord we're asking that you would be the regulator of our minds God.  Lord we trust you to handle our fragmented pieces, our racing thoughts, worries, concerns, insecurities, fears and even those inner voices that try to speak louder than yours.  We denounce every voice of ungodly counsel, rebuke every spirit that would come to rob us of sanity, peace of mind, and soundness of mind. We cast down every vain imagination and thought that would attempt to exalt itself above our knowledge of you God and we declare and decree that our minds are being renewed daily through Christ Jesus.  Old thing have passed away, old thoughts have passed away, old paradigms have passed away and all thoughts have become new, all mental processes have become new and all things within us have become new.  Lord we ask that you would restore our minds to the factory default settings ; that every synapse would fire the way it was originally designed to fire, every chemical in our brains would be balanced in the name of Jesus and that every voice other than yours be silenced.  We die to self, crucify our flesh and lay down our will for yours oh God because we know that you have greater in store for us, you put greater in us before forming us in our mother's wombs and expect greater works out of us.  God we speak strength into those dealing with mental illness and attacks on loved ones.  We ask that you would give them a greater capacity to love and have compassion and patience in dealing with their loved ones God.  Even as they go forth to care for them, that you would make provision and pour virtue into them that they don't grow weary in well doing.  For every relationship that has been tainted, destroyed, or strained due to mental illness, we declare and decree restoration Now!.  Lord we thank you in advance and declare that is is so, in the matchless name of Jesus. Amen

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate