Skip to main content

Sticks and Stones may break my bones...

What a difference a good night's rest can make.  After that awesome service on Tuesday I was so excited and energized I thought I was grown and stayed up until 2am.  Like I didn't have anywhere to go the next morning!! WHAT WAS I THINKING?? I was soo sleepy at work I couldn't even keep my eyes open.  So I went to bed early last night and had the most restful and peaceful sleep.  Thank God!   It was like God personally stopped to sing me a lullaby and cradle me in His arms.  I tell ya He's alright with me!! 

So now that my brain is functioning again, I can collect my thoughts and write what was on my mind.  A while ago I started this fabulous book by Dr. Cindy Trimm (A BEAST in the spirit might I add) called Commanding Your Morning and last night I began to think about how powerful words can be and the old saying that sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.  NOT SO! 

  • Proverbs 18:21 says "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." 
SO not only can words hurt you, they can kill you.  I know I'm guilty of not always thinkin about my words before I release them but God's been holding my lips like a monkay holding a banana!! that's that Gorilla glue anointing lol j/k  but He does know exactly when and how to shut you up.  Once words are released out of your mouth they're in the atmosphere and free range for the enemy.  Not only that, depending on what you released you may hurt someone feelings, kill their self esteem, murder their hopes and dreams, or speak death to them spiritually.

As I continued to read the book Dr. Trimm made several excellent points on thoughts, deeds, and the path God has aligned for your life and how they all tie together.  One that really stuck out to me was keeping your thought life in line with the word and will of God.
  • Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
If you are constantly renewing your mind with pure, lovely, honest thoughts then how can your words be hurtful.  If your thoughts are already in line and you pause to think about the impact those words have before they're released then how can you continue to be a verbal assasin??  My goal is to be like the author of Psalm 45:10, for my tongue to be the pen of a ready writer.  I have the power to write my days with my tongue... If Joshua can tell the sun to stand still, why can't I command  my body to be healed, my family to be set free, my mind to come in line with God, my finances to line up,my flesh to die, my hands and feet to praise?  NO EXCUSES!!  Command your mornings, afternoons and evenings! Begin to speak the will of God for your lifeand the word of God into your life and make EVERYTHING line up! While you're at it.. grab the book too it's awesome!

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate