Skip to main content

The Little Engine that Could

When I got to school today I got back the paper for my personal theological model.  The paper had to be 15-20 pages in length and have several research sources, an outline, and give a good explanation of my model, current models, strengths and weaknesses, and how I plan to integrate the model with social work.  Well, the night before the paper was due, I had to start from scratch and redo the whole thing.  I was so sleepy, my brain was fried and my thoughts were all over the place.  I woke up at the keyboard at one point, looked at the screen and saw random groupings of letters that were probably words in my sleepy mind lol  I worked on the paper until 2 am that morning, slept for a few hours and got back at it at 6 a.m.  I finished the paper about 15-20 minutes before the class started (6:15 p.m.) and went to turn it in.  My friend saw me and said you look ROUGH! I said I feel rough and it's been a rough night and day... I was just glad to be handing it in.

I felt like giving up so many times that night and just going to sleep.  I had calculated how much would be taken off if I just turned it in late, what my grade would be if I didn't turn it in at all and everything. Frustrated did not even being to describe how I felt... It was crazy.  So I just kept telling myself, you can do this, just type, 5 more minutes, 10 more minutes, just get it done and you can go to bed, just keep typing... you will get this paper done before time to turn it in.  Needless to say, I got the paper done, turned in and i got a 97!!!  Praise the Lord!  My professor loved what I wrote, and even put a not on the grading rubric saying "That'll Preach!" 

I said all that to say this, as a man thinketh, so is he! The A clause of Proverbs 23:7 says For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

If you think you'll be successful, you will be! If you think you'll be great, you will be!  If you think you're healed, you will be!  If you think you're blessed, you will be! Why?? It's simple, For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Matt. 12:34). What you declare out of your mouth has power.  Your words create the environment you live in and under.  So if all you speak is negativity, then that's what you live under.. Like the little dusty cloud that followed Linus on Charlie Brown.  Ohh but when you learn how to speak positively, even when you don't see it or feel it, you can change your whole life with a few words.  Sometime you HAVE TO Encourage yourself!  Nobody else can do it...

Even if you don't realize it, the words you speak are seeds... If you plant faith and speak life, those seeds will spring forth and grow.  Just like the train in the children's story... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... same principle applies to the issues of life..

Whatever the challenge is ahead of you, remember the little engine that could and begin to declare what your issue looks like handled... I will be a man or woman of God, I will remain saved despite temptation, I will be the one in my family to break generational curses, I will be brave, I will be bold and on fire for God, I will be pure, I will live holy...

The more you say it, the more it gets ingrained in your spirit and as you speak it, you're planting seed in the devil's face...Be encouraged and keep pressing towards the mark.  

I think you can... I think you can.. I KNOW YOU CAN!

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate