Skip to main content

It is well

I'm 31, a full time student, single with no prospects, have no kids, live with my mother, student loans coming outta every pocket, a minimum wage job where I only work 6 hours a week and about $3 in my checking account.


 I can honestly say that I have everything I need.  I definitely don't have everything I want, but I know it's coming!  When I tell you that despite what may be depressing to some, is the blessing I call my life. I used to get really depressed about where I was in life, what I thought I should have accomplished by now, what I should be doing, who I didn't have, what I couldn't do and where I couldn't go.  People would always ask my mother why she didn't have any grandbabies, or me when I was getting married, or "don't you want kids?" Until one day God flipped a little switch and the light bulb came one.  He let me know that I was right were I needed to be and right where He wanted me.


Sometimes when you give and give and give and constantly pour out it can be discouraging to find yourself in the situation I'm in.  While you're broke and saved, people living like the devil seem to have everything handed to them.You watch those who you've poured into prosper and be blessed while you're empty, exhausted and still in the same place.  The same people you've blessed and labored with act like they don't know you anymore and get sanctified amnesia, and the worst.... when you watch the ones who've despitefully used you, live out your dreams.  Feels like a slap in the face.  It's not about the recognition or doing something to get something in return but you just feel like, God, when is it going to be my turn? 


I found myself in this very place and asking God when it was going to be my turn. His response: The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former


This was His way of letting me know not to worry about where I am not, what I have or don't have and such because where I'm going is much much greater!! The full scripture reads:


The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts Haggai 2:9


SO not only am I going  to greater, but there will also be peace when I come into my greater!!  


Yes I'm 31, a full time student, single with no prospects, have no kids, live with my mother, student loans coming outta every pocket, a minimum wage job where I only work 6 hours a week and about $3 in my checking account BUT in a year, I will be a college graduate with a Bachelors in Apparel Design and Merchandising and a Master of Social Work... while I'm single and allowing God to make me and mold me, I know my husband is being made over as well... If I work in my field of study for a few years, the government will forgive my student loans (but I'm believing God to take care of those anyway)...Since I don't have kids or a husband I've been able to fully focus on school and ministry... when I finish school I'll be getting paid to do ministry and walk in one of the callings God has put on my life....And the minimum wage job I work 6 hours a week is the blessing that puts gas in my car every week to get me to school.


No matter where you are now or what the circumstances look like, always know that God is still in control, still on the throne and will never bless you with something you're not ready for...allow Him to prepare you for greater!! Next time your situation gets you down, look the devil in the face and declare IT IS WELL!

Comments

R.Coles said…
Cha if I never told u....ur such a blessing!!! It is welll....amen this blessed me!
jaymi said…
Awesome Cha! Just what I needed!!

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate