Skip to main content

Hey Buddy





 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17


Today I had the pleasure of attending a beautiful wedding.  The groom and I have known each other for almost our entire lives.  I met him in kindergarten and that was over 25 years ago.  Through all the years he's never failed to be a friend.  Any time I  see him he greets me the same way, with a big cheesy grin, a big hug and a "hey sis, how you doin?".  No matter where we were, who we were with, and what was going on.  He's always had the same sweet spirit, the same warmth, the same big heart, and the same love for his friends and family.


As I greeted the newly married couple today, I would be meeting his wife for the first time.  What a surprise it was to me when she already knew my name.  Just goes to show that no matter the space, time, or life in between... a friend loves at all times.  In the few moments I spoke with Mrs. Cobb I couldn't help but notice how beautiful her spirit is.  Beyond the natural beauty, her spirit came shining through.  My heart was so filled with joy and warmth as I watched them exchange vows and become one.  To know that my friend has found his rib, is so in love, so overjoyed, and is so excited about starting a life together with the woman he loves is awesome!! Congratulations and continued blessings to Mr. & Mrs. Cobb!


James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.


Now who could be a better friend than God?  He always answers your calls, is always up when you need to talk, will never leave you nor forsake you, never lie to you, and never expects you to be anything that you're not because He already knows you, and will let you hold a few dollars when you need them. lol  Who doesn't need friends like that?  I know I do..


I'm full on love tonight and since Jesus is love.. I'll go let that digest...

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate