Skip to main content

No Reservations


For a long time I declared things that I wanted and told God the desires of my heart, but when the chance came for me to have them.  I ran.  I ran without even realizing I was running.  Out of my mouth, I said ok God, I'll do whatever you want me to do, go wherever you send me, and do whatever you assign to my hands.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into. 

This past month we completed a series entitled "Who Am I??"  The series was intended to help believers discover who we are in Christ, who the Bible says we are, what God says about us, what we can do, how we were made, and many other things.  Well the first thing I discovered was not what was on the page, or anything else that was covered in any of the lessons.  I learned that I am an Olympic Gold medal track star.  I discovered that although I had given God my yes, and I was doing the work, that I was running the 400m relay all by myself... in my mind.  Although I wasn't in physical disobedience, mentally, I was not even close to being in order.  My mind was all over the place.. yes I wanted what God was offering me, but more than anything, fear of the unknown and the what if's kept my track shoes laced up tight.  So I had to isolate myself for a while, spend some time thinking, meditating on the word, and what God had spoken specifically to me.  When I came out of my cocoon I realized I'd been mentally running for a while, not only running but depriving myself of the fullness of God's promises for my life.

I had so many reservations about this and that and how and why and who and when and whatever else... it was ridiculous. I just had to sit down, take the track shoes off and stop.  It was a matter of choice.  I could keep running and miss God completely or sit still and let Him be God.  I had actually started writing this blog months ago.  I don't even remember where I was or what I heard but the phrase NO Reservations dropped in my spirit and I thought... I need to blog this.   So I logged in, wrote the title and that was it. LOL funny right..

So when it came intially I thought about Mary and Joseph and how their journey led them to the inn where there was no room because they didn't have a reservation.  So when I came back to the thought, I had to dig a little deeper. Why was that important.. well the whole purpose of a reservation is to hold something. 

By definition it means: 1.The act of reserving; a keeping back or withholding.--2. Something that is kept back or withheld. 3. A limiting qualification, condition, or exception: has reservations about the proposal.  4. A tract of land set apart by the federal government for a special purpose, especially one for the use of a Native American people. 5. a. An arrangement by which accommodations are secured in advance, as in a hotel or on an airplane. b. The accommodations so secured. c. The record or promise of such an arrangement.

So we can take this one of two ways... If I look at my reservations, all of the things I've been holding back, the things that were holding me back, the things that limited me from being and doing all that I have the potential to, the all of the geographic limitations I put on myself (mentally, physically and spiritually), the arrangements I made that tied me to things I never should have been bound to, the snares and traps the devil set for me that I blindly walked into, the promises I failed to keep...

Versus

 God's reservations, all of the thing's He's set aside for me, all of the things He kept me from, all of the limits and boundaries He's set for me (He gave me written directions), all of the secured arrangements He's made for me (the end He declared from the beginning), all of the accommodations He's secured for me (ways out of no ways, doors open and closed, grace, mercy, favor, anointing), the promises He's made me (too many to name!)... 

I don't know about you but I had to take a praise break just thinking about it!  My God!! He's so awesome and so worthy of praise and adoration!!

This comparison took me back to Mary & Joseph.  What if they had let their reservations keep them from the reservation they had at the manger?  What if Mary was too worried about what people had to say about her being pregnant or how it would look?  What if Joseph was too worried about Mary carrying a baby that wasn't his or what his boys would think?  What if their reservations and lack thereof prevented Jesus from being born? That's heavy.. but guess what your reservations may be keeping you from something just as great. They may be holding up the next great move of God, a worldwide revival, the possibilities are endless.

After I stopped running, mentally, I had such a peace and a newfound freedom.  I was literally in bondage and didn't even know it until I felt the freedom and release.  I am glad that I had some friends who helped me see the error of my ways, who reminded me of what God had said, and even flat out told me... ggggiiiirrrrrrrrrrllll sit down! I appreciate it!  So now, I have no more of my own reservations regarding this thing and I am free, I am in condition to love (thanks Pastor Leta), and I'm walking in the right direction focused on moving forward. So take some time this week (you might be like me and take a lot longer) and get rid of your reservations, trade them in for His!

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.  2 Timothy 1:7

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome write up!

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate