Skip to main content

Set a Fire Down in My Soul


This past weekend the church I've been attending was in revival and My God was it an amazing time in the Lord.  The atmosphere of sheer expectancy was breathtaking.  I love being in a place full of believers hungry for more of God!  There's something spectacular about being under the downpour of heaven. Sitting in that room filled with hundreds of believers anticipating the infilling and downpour of the Holy Spirit gave me a small glimpse of what the Day of Pentecost must have been like. Imagine being surrounded by a room full of people only there for one thing... the Holy Spirit!

This revival was unlike any I've ever been a part of.  Not because the service was so different or the songs were special or even the preachers.  They were all great.  The thing that was different was me.  Each service I went in expecting God to show up and move like never before.  I expected miracles, signs, and wonders.  I expected somebody to be healed, delivered and set free. Do you know that your expectancy for the move of God pulls on the Holy Spirit?  If we never expect God to show up or move then what are we waiting for?

When the people gathered in the upper room they gathered there to tarry, or wait.  We don't have that same waiting period.  As blood bought believers we can pull on the Spirit and expect God to show up and move.  Just like they received the Gift of the Holy Spirit, we can receive it today.  Even for those of us who are already filled, God can fill us again.. There's always more!! As I stood in that service on Sunday morning I asked God to fill me again, to renew His spirit within me, to pour out a fresh anointing and give me everything I need for this portion of the journey He sent me on. He did just that!

I'm still believing God for some crazy big things!  I know what I've asked for isn't easy, but it's not too big or hard for God.  It's hard for me, and I'm going to need His power, His strength, His might, and most of all His Spirit to accomplish those tasks.  I hope that each of you is expecting and believing God for crazy off the chart things that only He can do.  More importantly, I hope you're asking and allowing Him to fill and refill you with His Spirit.  We can't run on E and be effective!

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate