Skip to main content

Where Feet May Fail



One of my favorite worship songs is Oceans (Where feet my fail).... It's a beautiful song about stepping out beyond where we know our feet can carry us.  If I were to guess I would say that this song was inspired by the story of Peter walking on the water (Matthew 14:22-33).

The chorus of the song says...

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

If you stop and think about the faith it would have taken to step out of a boat and actually believe that you could walk on water... I don't know about anybody else but I probably wouldn't have stepped out in the first place.. I'm not a real strong swimmer and I don't even like to go in the 12 ft end of the pool.  So imagine all that Peter must have been wrestling with on the inside... It was late at night, they're on a boat that's being tossed by the wind and waves, it was probably foggy and here come this strange figure WALKING ON THE WATER!! I would have freaked out.  Peter was bold enough to speak up and say Lord if it really is you, tell me to come out to you ( I'm paraphrasing). Then he took it to a whole new level and actually stepped out of the boat.  Would you have done it?

I think about the many times God calls us to step into places that our  feet have never tread before and this song is my inspiration to move forward.  When I gave God my yes, I told Him I would go wherever He sends me.  We don't always understand the fullness of what our yes really  means when we give it or exactly where it might lead.  I pray that this is always my response and that with each step out on the water my faith is truly strengthened.

I never in a million years would have guessed that my call to come would include preaching, teaching, interceding for others, being a pastor, writing, mentoring, and so many other things.  With each new endeavor I'm taking a step closer to Jesus.  Every time I step out into something new, I have to have the faith  to believe that He has already equipped me with what I need and given me the capacity to handle it.

Honestly, there are times when my eyes glance down at the water, over to the shore, up at the clouds, and to be all the way real... are straight closed! Not so much because I'm afraid or doubting where He's calling me to come, but because sometimes looking at the next step would halt my journey.  I would stop dead in my tracks, turn around and run back into the boat. A Pastor once told me that sometimes he wouldn't answer my questions because it would have kept me from walking out the assignment.  That's exactly why at times I have to close my eyes and walk strictly by faith and not what I see around me.

God is calling each of us to come out on the water.  Your water may look a little different than mine, the wind may be blowing at a different speed, but the same God that's calling me to come is standing in the midst of the water calling you to a deeper level of trust, a greater level of faith.  If you haven't taken that first step out of the boat yet, go for it!! If you're standing in the middle of the water, take the next step!  When you find yourself sinking, remember to lift up your eyes to the hills... That's where your help is.



 Don't forget to like, share and then comment and/or subscribe to win our prize pack for this month!

Comments

Unknown said…
I tell you what this right here is why you are my boo! You know that there is so much going on and that we too am having this Faith "water" walk, and you know I have been praying for more detail and you spoke a word that the Lord can't give you all the details because you might not take the steps that you need to get to the promise.You have also reminded me on many of days that my timeline isn't God's timeline and that the instructions/directions will come faster than I think! I tell you what, when you give God your real YES, you will have peace when you are in his will and following his lead! Thanks for this reminder and encouragement! Love ya

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate