Skip to main content

The First Rains




I saw a post on a friend's facebook page that was beautiful.  I'm a sucker for love and romance.  What can I say??  I love, love, love.... LOVE!    The post was about her husband and she said, 

"... his touch on my skin is like the first rains in the Serengeti desert.... His voice settles like the the most magnificent yet softest sunset in my spirit...."

I said wow, that's beautiful and truly a blessing.  It's amazing to have someone love you like that and to still feel that way after years and years.  God did that thing right there!!  I saw this post early in the week but something about it just stuck with me throughout the week and even until now.  

Saturday I was having one of those "in my feelings/in my head" days and just could NOT turn my thoughts off for anything.  They were screaming louder than party-goers trying to get beads at Mardi Gras.  I went to bed trying to pray, frustrated, sad, irritated, but at the same time happy, and calm about some other things.  I was a mess and could not even focus long enough to pray right.  This  morning when I got up I had no idea where I would be attending service, I just knew I HAD TO GET IN THE HOUSE! So I prayed and asked God to send me where I would get what I needed, and He did.  

Service was amazing!  When the presence of God fell in the house I felt like I was a dry patch of land soaking up those first rains in the Serengeti.   I can't even describe it but I can imagine how that dry land feels... Thirsting for even the tiniest droplet of rain.  Waiting and hoping that it will find relief from the heat of the sun constantly burning... just to get that cool breeze across the surface as rain pours from the sky.  Then the sun finally sets and the beautiful hues of pink, purple, blue, and orange blaze across this sky in a swirl of calm and peace.
There's something about feeling the presence of God... JESUS!! 

That's how I felt today.  Sometimes life drains us and has a tendency to beat us up until we feel like a dry patch of dust with no life left to give.  The God breathes new life into us again... He waters the dry places, washes away the residue of drought and death and replenishes our very soul.  I can't say that I've experienced what my friend has in the flesh (I'm not married yet but I'm sure it will be a downpour in the dessert when I do get married lol) but God's touch on this weary servant was better than ten million raindrops in the longest drought.  

If you don't know Him, let me step into the shoes of the woman at the well and say... COME SEE ABOUT A MAN....
Jesus said if we drink of Him we would never thirst again (John 4:14) but would have a bubbling spring that gives eternal life.  DRINK UP! I know I did....

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate