Skip to main content

A mild case of OCD

 Sometimes all you can do is not think 


Sometimes the hardest thing in the world is to wait on the promise of God!  Especially when He's given you a sneak peak of the manifestation.  You've seen yourself owning your own business, happily married, on a vacation, living abroad, giving away a house to a needy family, or serving meals from your own homeless facility.  Whatever it is that God has shown you, usually the hardest part is waiting.

I can't speak for anybody else, but God shows me the most amazing glimpses into my future, usually while sleeping, and I can't help but want to press fast forward and get there.  I keep a dream journal beside my bed so that I can write, draw, doodle and capture what I've seen.  (If you're not already dong this, you should definitely start tonight!)  Most people forget the dream a few minutes after waking up, especially the details.  I try to write down ever detail that I remember. EVERY ONE, no matter how big or small, everything potentially has importance.

I've always known that I want children and God has shown me those children several times in dreams.  I've seen myself interacting with their father (not his face though), the order of their birth (more than once), what their faces look like,  glimpses of us in church services together, and even the whole family on the holidays.  Well who wouldn't be excited for God to show you the desires of your heart and it appear so vividly that you can reach out and touch it?  I know I am!  Always!  Even when God shows me warning or destruction, I still get excited that He trusted me with it.

Moment of transparency:  Sometimes I get so caught up in trying to get to the place God has shown me, I forget to live in the moment.   So when I came across the picture posted in the blog it SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE!  I had a real dunce moment.

I've caught myself (can't talk about anybody but me here) trying to plan the path to the moment, trying to figure out where it is, who else was there, how I ended up doing that, or why I was in a certain place.  I sometimes see people and wonder if they're the faces I saw in dreams or visions, or just flat out overthink things.  Have you ever had one of those days where your thoughts just won't turn off?  It seems like they're going a million thoughts per second and everything is overlapping and piling up on top of each other.

We obsess over what that moment will be like, try to rearrange things to get there faster, get frustrated waiting and spend so much energy trying to figure out how, when, where and who, that we miss what God is doing in the moment.  We miss what He's trying to get into and out of us while we're in the process of getting there.  We end up going back through the same tests and trials over and over because we're not focused or not listening to or seeking God's guidance.  That's probably why it takes so long sometimes. lol

So next time I get all caught up in the moment, I won't obsess, I won't think, imagine, or wonder about those glimpses.  I'll remember this little picture, take a deep breath (or a few) and remember that ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR MY GOOD... 'cause I do love the Lord.  I will bask in the joy of knowing that at any moment God could surprise me with one of the wonderful gifts He allowed me to sneak a peek at. 



Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate