Skip to main content

Possession is 9/10 of the law...

but perception is everything.  I say that to say this... often times the very things we think we have are the complete opposite of what we actually have.  For example, you may have a great job offer...they pay is great, the hours are good, ya get good benefits..but you only get paid once a month, the deductible on the insurance is outrageous, the benefits have vacation time, but no sick time...  So yes you perceive that you possess something wonderful but it's not so great after all. 

The same applies to anything in life and especially the spiritual aspects.  If you don't have perception when it comes to your spiritual life you may find yourself in a load of trouble.  Perception is defined as :
The ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.

The state of being or process of becoming aware of something in such a way.
So in the spirit, perception can be likened to discernment.  In order to have discernment, you have to have a connection with God and be in position to hear from Him.  Many times we expect God to speak one way or move one way and when He doesn't come the way we expected, we completely miss God because we didn't discern his voice... we thought it to be the voice of another, or just our own thoughts. 
Elihu said..For God may speak in one way, or in another, Yet man does not perceive it. (Job 33:14NKJV)
In other words, you never know how God is going to speak and He may speak several times/ways concerning the same thing but we perceive it (get it, recognize it, pick it up, hear it, understand it) not.
For instance, The was a guy that kept trying to talk to me but timing never worked out for us to see one another and I just had the feeling that it wasn't the best idea... but because he was sexy and funny and approached me correctly and respectfully I didn't really pay attention to it.. (First instance of God speaking... through action)  Well after several failed attempts to schedule a date I had a dream that  a man on a motorcycle came to my mother's house looking for me... i saw him from the upstairs window and immediately wondered how he knew were she lived  and what he was doing there.  He was talking to another man in a truck.  I remained hidden in the house, but from a position where I could see him and he couldn't see me.. as I watched him look through the house via window i saw him motion to the guy in the truck and tell him that I wasn't there.. to my surprise the guy on the motorcycle was a guy who had recently tried to claim me as his girlfriend but quit speaking to me because i chose God and celibacy over him... and the man in the truck was the new guy...
after they pulled away i ran back up the stairs grabbed my things and headed out of the house only to see my neighbor giving the police a report about her car, which happened to be parked in my space and be very similar to my car, being destroyed right after the men left.. but my ride arrived and i went on my way.
I woke up asking God for clarity and what all of this meant.. I kept wondering why they tried to destroy my car... So God said these men came to destroy where you are going.. the car was the vehicle to get you from here to there but because you stayed hidden in the house (in Him) and in a position to see the enemy coming... the plan didn't work.  Needless to say the guy called again that night and asked my plans.  I asked him why he wanted to know and said why?? are you trying to see me? His response.... "No disrespect, but I'm trying to do you"....  How am I not supposed to be disrespected by that??  I digress..
God spoke the first time by giving me that initial feeling that I shouldn't have entertained him but I thought it was just me.. So the second time God was clear... it was no accident that the guy on the motorcycle was the same way... same m.o.  different approach... BUT GOD!!  The Bible tells us in all of our getting, get an understanding...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom.And in all your getting, get understanding.  Proverbs 4:7
I like to think of wisdom like this... You have knowledge and you know what to do with that knowledge you have.  Like the Sons of Issachar... the Bible says they discerned the times AND knew what they ought to do (1 Chronicles 12:32).  It's one thing to know but have No clue what to do next and something entirely different to know how to use it.  I may know that CPR can save a life, but if I  don't know how to do it... it's not useful for me in a crisis.
Get knowledge, you'll perish without it, but also get an understanding of what to do with it.... wisdom!

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate