Skip to main content

Pack Light...

The past two years have been an amazing journey for me to say the least.  I quit my job, went to grad school, became a minister, moved into my own place, started my own business, became a nationally published writer, graduated and got my Masters degree, became a licensed Social Worker, entered a relationship, became a pastor, helped plant a church, and sooo many other things.  God gets all the glory because if you had asked me about any of it, the only things I'd probably say maybe to are writing, and the business...

It all started in prayer.  I asked God what it was that He wanted me to do, how He wanted me to do it, and simply trusted Him to handle the details.  Was it easy?  not always... has it been worth it?? Absolutely!!  Have I lost some things/people along the way??  you better believe it!  But for everything/one I lost God has added so much more...

Throughout this process I had so many questions and so many concerns but God always said you do what I told you to do and I'll take care of all that.  I haven't had a full time job since August of 2010... I worked summer camp in between my years of grad school but otherwise, I worked about six hours a week for minimum wage in the office at my school.  The pay wasn't a lot but it was a blessing and enough for what I needed.  Beyond the money, the friendships I gained working in the office, the great counsel I received, the laughs, the memories I made and the things that were poured into me while I was there are priceless!  Some things money just can't buy.

No matter what the situation was God always provided, and before long... ministry became my full time job.  Unofficially and officially!  Before I became a licensed ordained minister or a pastor, I was constantly doing ministry... Helping others with homework, finding resources, counseling, praying, visiting the sick, teaching, sneak preaching on Facebook and on here, writing sermons that I didn't know were sermons and so many other things.  This is what I was created to do!  Sometimes it's been hard for those around me to understand why I don't worry or get up in arms about the things I don't have, finances, a job, or the things I can't do.  The answer is simple...

Luke 9:1-3(KJV200) Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.  And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staff, nor bag, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.
Jesus clearly told them to take nothing but what He had just given them, power, authority, and a charge.  When God sends you on a journey He's already equipped you with everything you need.  He's already made provision for everything you will encounter or need along the way and you worrying won't change one thing or make the situation any different.  God closes doors no man can open and opens doors no man can shut, but He controls the doors according to His timing, His will, His plan and agenda for our lives.  Basically we have to give up control and completely trust God. 
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Matt. 6:25-34
People spend so much time worrying about tomorrow and the next day and the next when none of us are promised the next hour.  I'm not saying, don't prepare for the future, but I am saying don't let the worries of a tomorrow that you don't yet have get you down, !cause you stress and grief, don't let the worries about bills, food, clothing, shelter or anything keep you from seeking the kingdom, from seeking God and His righteousness. Short and sweet version... you do His will and line up with His word, He'll take care of your stuff.  I can't say that this is the life I imagined for myself but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  There's no greater feeling than knowing that the God in me enables me to minister to others and impact lives, families, neighborhoods, cities and nations... I'm so humbled to be chosen...

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate