Skip to main content

Just Stand...

Tell me, what do you give when you've given your all
And it seems like you can't make it through?

Well you just stand when there's nothing left to do
You just stand, watch the Lord see you through
Yes, after you done all you can, you just stand.....


Sometimes, when God puts you on assignment and you've done all that you can... you just have to stand.  Over the past few years God has truly had me on some assignments I'd never imagine myself being on.  One in particular came with an urge to pray, a declaration, no explanation, and crazy crazy instructions.  Guess what, still walking it out.. and still don't have an explanation per say.  I do have a greater understanding of the purpose for the assignment and why it's necessary. 

Several times during the course of the assignment I told myself and God, "I didn't sign up for all this" and I was ever so quickly reminded that when I gave God my Yes, that meant Yes to everything, not just the parts I wanted to pick and choose.  So here I am on this journey, walking one step at a time because that's all God gives me.  Some of the steps are small and others seem as if I'm climbing Mount Everest... and if you know me... you know I am not that into nature and hiking... NEGATIVE!!  I will say this though, the journey has shown me how strong I am, how much resiliency I have, has taught me how to listen for God's whisper in chaos and to truly know my Shepherd's voice.  Nothing else would have done it. 

In the midst of me walking out my assignment and the journey that it's taken me on there have been several times where I wanted to push FFWD because I thought I knew what was coming next.. HA... HA HA... HA HA HA... even when I thought I knew, I had no idea how God was going to get me there and at times when I really did know what was next, I didn't know how long it would take to get there.  God's funny that way... when we get in our own way and detour from His course, He will change up the whole plan just to get us back on track. And this ladies and gentlemen is where I am right now...

I have to be honest and say there were some thing that should have been done differently, not that I didn't do what God told me to do, I just didn't have the revelation and complete understanding that I needed concerning those particular things... In other words, my finger was on play, ffwd, and pause at the same time.  Instead of completely trusting God to handle what He'd given me... I tried to wrap it into my human mind and worry about the how.. God simply said.. Be still and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10 a clause).  That means He really doesn't need my help in figuring it out, He just needs me to carry out the given task.

So I, the willing vessel, am in a rough space right now.. I'm at a place in my assignment where I know what God said, I know what my natural eyes see, and what my spirit man sees/hears....the hard part is moving emotion and human nature out of the way.  My pastor always says that we're not humans with a spirit but that we're spirit beings trapped in human bodies.  In this moment I need to be invisible and hide in the secret place of the most High God. 

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.   Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  2 Corinthians 12:9

Comments

R.Coles said…
Whew!....that is all!

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate