Skip to main content

Heartsong...

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2


Monday night I went to bed with a heavy heart and a a million thoughts racing through my head.  I couldn't even seem to find the words to pray to express what I was feeling in the moment.  Sometimes the burden for others can take your breath away, tangle your words and put your mouth on a temporary mute.  I am thankful that when I don't know what to pray, or even have an idea where to begin, the Chief Intercessor steps in on my behalf. 

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26

Sometimes we get so overwhelmed or hit from so many sides that it's hard to find a starting place but thank God that we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. (Hebrews 4:15)  The scripture says in all points. In other words, Jesus feels you.  This means that everything we'll ever feel and experience, Jesus has felt and experienced.    Here the word infirmity doesn't just mean sickness, the Greek word astheneia, also means weakness, without strength, and feebleness of mind or body.  So Jesus is touched, or has compassion on our infirmities.  By definition compassion means to have an understanding of the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it; which He did.  It happened at a place we like to call Calvary. When Jesus went to the cross for us, He showed the ultimate example of compassion, He saw and understood our suffering, bore the burden of the whole world's sin and laid down His life for it.  my pastor, Pastor Larry Weathers Jr.,  said  a few days ago...

"...the greatest agony...is to not be able to express your love publicly and openly. so...when God couldn't take it anymore...HE died on top of a hill...to tell the world...I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!"


Thank you Lord for being in love with me!!

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate