Skip to main content

Hold your arms up!

This phrase is often used when little kids have coughing spells but it's a phrase I use with my friends when we laugh so hard we choke.  I was reading a bedtime story with my little cousin and the book had some of the miracles of Jesus in it.  The last story was the story of the paralyzed man (Mark 2:1-12). 

And again he entered into Capernaum, after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house. And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them. And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four. And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay. When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only? And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts? Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house. And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.

As I read the story to my baby and asked her to recount to me what happened so many thoughts ran through my head.  The one thing that really snatch my attention was how the man got to Jesus.  Of course he couldn't walk or take himself, but it was at the hands and faith of his friends.  How awesome is that??  Not only did they get him there, it was because of their faith the man's sins were forgiven.  What!! That's kingdom!!

I don't know about anybody else, but I am blessed with some pretty amazing friends and I know for a fact that they've gotten me to Jesus several times when I couldn't get there for myself.  Sometimes life can really throw you something you didn't expect and leave you speechless, breathless, and at times lifeless.. When you're paralyzed and can't move or even think of what to do next it's great to have some friend that know how to get you to Jesus.  My friends have prayed with me, for me, fasted with/for me, spoken well over my life, confirmed Gods promises, poured into me, pulled ministry out of me, and given me those words that I didn't necessarily want to hear, but needed to hear at the time. I didn't get to where I am today without having some amazing people holding up my arms.. we've cried, prayed, praised, laid out in the presence of God together and laughed until we hurt.  God could not have chosen a greater group of people to place in my path. 

The issue becomes having the discernment to find the real friends in the group of acquaintances that you meet in a lifetimes.  My Aunt Bonnie's best friend once told me that God puts people together for a reason and  I know that to be true from experience.  So if you lose touch with an old friend, or no longer speak to someone you were once close to, or even find yourself in a place where you feel you're without friends... Know that God has a special group prepared just for you, they'll come at just the right time, be in the right spirit, and truly have your best interest at heart.  They will rejoice when you rejoice, mourn when you mourn and pray, praise and worship with you.  So to all of my friends past, present, and future.. I thank God for you and I am so grateful for the things you have added to my life and deposited in my memory!  Love you guys!

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate