Skip to main content

So....

It's been a while since I've been here and I know that's probably why I'm feeling a lot of the frustration I'm feeling today.  It's 2 am and I haven't even attempted to sleep for the night yet... Wow.. once again I'm up and awake and will pay the price for it in the quiet moments at work! 
     As I've stepped into the newness of 2010 and all that it will bring I have to be transparent and say it's been a struggle... God has elevated me to new places and I have most definitely been feeling the attacks that come along with it.  I thank God that even though I may get frustrated and want to give up or walk away at times... He always has a way of ever so gently pulling me back in. 
A friend of mine (shout out to Ty R) said that beyond being transparent, we should be translucent.  for those who don't know the difference let me help you catch it...


transparent --> having the property of transmitting rays of light through its substance so that bodies situated beyond or behind can be distinctly seen.
 
translucent --> permitting light to pass through but diffusing it so that persons, objects, etc., on the opposite side are not clearly visible:

I'm not sure if what he had in mind was the same revelation I got but yep... here we are..  Whenever we stand in a place of honesty and humility toward God, His light shines through us.  This is when He gets the glory out of our lives and now begins to heal our land.  To that end, transparency (to me  anyway) is our honesty with God, personal time and when we get in His presence and allow Him to show us ourselves.  Translucency, however is when we share that same honesty, by being a witness.  His light is still shining through us, but now the things behind us are not visible.

For example someone with a testimony of overcoming a drug and alcohol addiction can stand in translucency and witness to a group of people struggling with those same issues without all of their past being on display.  By definition, translucent allows light to pass through, but diffuses it so that people, objects, places, things, etc.  cannot be clearly seen.  Just like the blood of Jesus covers our sins, issues, short comings and our past mistakes, His glory shines through us and the only thing people see is what we show them for the purposes of ministry. 

But you shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come on you: and you shall be witnesses to me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and to the uttermost part of the earth  Acts 1:8

God gave each of us the charge to be His witnesses.  So how will you handle your assignment?  Sometimes you'll need to be transparent before God in order to become translucent before men... Let Him make you over today...

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate