Skip to main content

Talking to myself... but you can listen too

 


February 6th marked 10 years in Daytona Beach.  I could say a lot about what's happened over these last ten years, but I'll save that for the book I'm writing.  What I will say is this: when God tells you to go, you pack your things and GO! Moving was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, but the best act of obedience and decision I've ever made. In the past 10 years, I've made some beautiful friends who became my second family, and worked with incredible families in the community. written books, been on TV, Podcasts, and in the newspaper, won an award for my work, helped plant a ministry, started a singles ministry, and even opened my own practice.  Why does all that matter?  Before I moved, I was praying, and nobody knew what I was praying about.  I spoke with a friend for the first time in about two years,  and she prophesied, telling me what the Lord was showing her about my life and my relocation to Florida.  She told me in a nutshell that I was standing at the edge of everything God had for me, and I was literally one step away from walking into it. She said God told her this is where my ministry would flourish, where my business would grow, and that God has someone waiting for me. 

I can honestly say all of this has come true.  Florida has been good to me because it's where I was sent! It hasn't been easy, but definitely worth it.  If you're standing in the valley of decision and God is giving you instructions that seem scary. Trust Him! Even if you don't have every detail laid out before you, Trust Him! Proverbs 3:6 gives us the key...

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

If we consult God in every aspect of our lives, we can't go wrong.  He's already written our story and knows the outcome.  We can ask Him for instructions, direction, wisdom, a redo, forgiveness, clarity, insight, strategy, or anything else we need. I moved here knowing nobody, without a job and no idea what my journey was supposed to look like.  I just knew I was supposed to be here. The 7 months before I got a job, I spent time exploring the community, doing things, going places, and meeting people.  God was showing me the need and why I was sent here.  

I had a certain amount of money and a 7-month lease, so I said ok God, either you're going to bless me with a job and what I need, or I'll be going back to KY.  Well, here we are almost 11 years later, and I'm still here.  Needless to say. Daddy did what He always does and came through.  I got a job, extended my lease, and settled into my new home. I've always had the kind of crazy faith to believe I can do anything I put my mind to, but it's different when God tells you to pack up and leave everything that's comfortable, familiar, and SAFE!

The difference was this time, I had no choice but to ask Him about EVERYTHING. I didn't know what my next step was, where my money was coming from, groceries, nothing... I had to trust God for the answers, the connections, the open doors, and the provision. I knew He was the source, so I didn't really worry, but I did have a lot of questions.  So for every person that's been taught not to question God, you're WRONG! Ask Him about EVERYTHING! Where to go, who to talk to, who NOT to talk to, which opportunities to take, and which ones to walk away from.  Even down to simple things like, "What should I wear today?"  Why does that matter? You don't know what the day might bring, and He does.  You can only see what's happening right now, and He knows what's coming in a week, 6 months, and even 10 years. 

Trust requires RELATIONSHIP! Relationships are built with quality time and conversation, connection, and shared respect.  Are we building a relationship or just shouting requests at the great big sky daddy? Are we treating Him like a genie, or are we having intimate conversations with our Father? Are we treating Him like the bridegroom or a sidepiece?  I'll leave you with that to chew on and govern yourselves accordingly. 

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate