Skip to main content

Just because I can doesn't mean I should...

 

Photo by Jason Leung on Unsplash

Sometimes I have so many things I want to say but various traumas keep my mouth closed.  Sometimes it's the thought of how I'll be perceived, what my confessions and declarations will incite, who will use my words against me, and even if I'll be understood. So like Mary, I have learned to ponder things in my heart.

It's not uncommon to have a thousand things going on in your head at once but you've gotta be careful not to let all those things run free for too long.  It creates this crazy invisible pressure that makes you feel like you've gotta do everything right,  by yourself,  now,  or simply like YOU HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING THAT COMES INTO YOUR MIND! 

Let me tell you something,  it's a lie! Stop, breathe, and take a step back. You're not a robot,  a factory that constantly has to produce, or a superhero. You're a human...a complex spiritual being living a fleshly experience in a chaotic world. That means there are a lot of moving parts headed your way at once.  There's always a problem that needs solving,  someone reaching for your attention, and some task demanding your presence. 

That does not mean you're required to answer or respond immediately. When you're playing chess or checkers you survey the board and then think about the outcomes before you move.  Remember you can do that in life.  Breathe, prioritize,  delegate, and say no!

I know that I can't just say whatever I want because my words have creative power.  What I want to say isn't always positive, and truthfully, it isn't always nice.  For the past couple of days, I haven't been able to say much of anything.  Not because I couldn't, but because wisdom told me to hush.  Sometimes speaking out of turn, out of emotion, or just plain old speaking, can kill a thing before it even has a chance to be birthed. I've had a lot to say, and I mean a lot, but that doesn't always mean it needs to be said, is the right time, or that I am the delivery person who needs to say it. 

In 1 Corinthians 6:12 Paul said, "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any."

Paul was writing to the Corinthians to give them instructions about sexual immorality and he was basically saying, yes you can do it but that doesn't mean it's good for you.  You can do it but be careful because it can overtake you.  That same thing applies to having loose lips, taking on opportunities that aren't meant for you, moving outside God's timing, and so much more.  It may not be sinful, but it may be detrimental to you.  

Sometimes moving outside of God's timing puts you in positions you're not ready for, or places your character can't yet keep you.  You needed the lessons that you would have learned if you'd been in the place you were supposed to be at that time.  It also can keep other people from operating in their gifts, anointing, and purpose because you're where they should be.  I guess what I'm saying is, you don't always have to be in the middle of something, attached to something, DOING SOMETHING,  It's ok to sit down somewhere and just exist for a minute. Recharge, rest, relax, and revamp if you need to.  I'm not talking to yall, I'm just talking to myself... but baby....if it applies, have you several seats right along with me... What's for you will still be for you after you sit down and rest.  What's yours will still be waiting after you've taken time to quiet your mind and spirit. This next season, you'll need clarity so you can be strategic... move in Him!

💜 

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate