Skip to main content

Confessions of a healer pt 1

Photo by Dariusz Sankowski on Unsplash


I took a very unintentional hiatus from blogging over the past few months and tonight  friend reminded me that I needed to get back to it.  So here I am!  I have so much to say but I often find it difficult to express or struggle with just putting things out there.  This post will be the first of several.  There are lots of things on my heart and mind so it's time I get back to sharing.

John 4:24 NLT says,
For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.
In order for us to render proper worship unto God we have to walk in our truth, no matter what that is.  When we refuse to or don't acknowledge parts of our truth it can hinder our worship.  Honestly, our truth isn't always pretty, it isn't always what's expected or considered "proper", but it is what it is.  So here are a few of mine...


Even though I live a life poured out, I often don't feel fulfilled...there's still something missing

At times I get overwhelmed with the weight of the things that God trusts me with.

When I am most honest with myself, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.  I just try to do it without screwing anybody up (self included).

Sometimes finding the balance between being a woman and being a Christian is the most difficult task of the day.

I have a very different way of processing things and its often misunderstood or viewed as me being too nice or naive. I do know what I'm doing sometimes.

I'm great at multitasking but even better at tuning things/people out.. sorry /not sorry

I create some of my best things in the midst of chaos, it forces my brain to focus!

The pressure inadvertently placed on you by other people can sometimes feel like a mac truck sitting on your shoulders.

Every now and then I don a superhero cape and save a life without knowing it.  It's an amazing feeling to find out afterward but very scary when that purpose is revealed beforehand.

Some days I feel so raggedy and unworthy I don't even feel like I should be talking to God.  Thankful He knows me!

I believe God for crazy out of this world things but there are certain simple things I struggle to believe for... smh @ myself... it's true

I know this is a detour from my normal posts but I pray this helps somebody, frees somebody, or even encourages somebody to be honest about where they are...  None of us are perfect and we all need His grace... it's sufficient and unfailing.  I pray you rest in it tonight...

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate