Skip to main content

Water from the Rock






Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink.  Numbers 20:8

Over the past few months I've spoken about having to do the hard things that God has requested of me.  During this time I've learned a lot, been challenged, had all my buttons pushed, been chastised, had to fall on my face and cry out to God, turn my plate over, and call in reinforcements.  I can't say it's been all bad, just very uncomfortable.  I'm ok with that because I know it's a season of growth.

Like Moses, I've been frustrated with the people and wanted to smith the rock, the people, the steering wheel and a couple of other things . LOL  Seriously though.  When you've been given a difficult task and you're called to serve a difficult people sometimes it's hard to do things God's way.
I remember having a conversation with my mom when I was younger about talking about people.  I said ya know, sometimes people make you talk about them... my mom cracked up laughing and said you're right.. you're right.  I said that to say, I can understand where Moses was coming from.  Can you imagine a crowd of thousands all murmuring and complaining at the same time while you're trying to get them the things they need to survive?

At the times when we are the most frustrated and feeling like we've had enough we often forget that we have the power to change our situation just by speaking to it.  God had already told Moses to speak to the situation to get the desired results but in his anger and frustration he smote it instead.  He got the same results but he paid with his promise.

How often do we delay or forfeit the promises of God because we try to do things or way?  Help us Lord! We let the enemy make us forget that we have so much power in our mouths.  The power of life and death lies in that little member but we fail to use it when we should.

When we declare and decree, when we bind and loose in the name  of Jesus heaven aligns with our declarations.  Whatsoever we bind on earth is bound in heaven and whatever we loose on earth is loosed in heaven.  We are heirs to the kingdom so or words aren't just empty murmurings, they're royal decrees.

Open up your mouth and begin to speak the world you desire to live in. Speak change to the atmosphere and the situation. Speak life to the dead and weary places in you,  your family,  your our dreams and the things you've been believing for.  Joshua commanded the sun to stand still and it didn't move for a full day. Take some time to start commanding your day, shifting your atmosphere and calling things into existence.  

Have you commanded the morning since your days began, And caused the dawn to know its place, That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, And the wicked be shaken out of it?  Job 38:12-13 

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate