Skip to main content

Leave Me There Alone...




There is a certain place reserved just for God and sometimes we neglect that place and spend too much time away.  What is this place I speak of?  Worship, Bethel, the place where God lives.  Sometimes we get too busy trying to handle things on our own, make it through the day, or just survive to the next moment that we forget we have a secret place.  We stay out of the presence of God and wonder why we can't hear, why we aren't getting breakthrough, why we aren't seeing healing, why we feel powerless, why our families are falling apart, why everything around us seems to be in chaos...

I can't even begin to explain what it feels like to be in the presence of God and do it  justice but there's just something so special and amazing about being in that place.  You can pour our your heart, bare your soul, your deepest fears, your frustrations, your hurt, your anger, your confusion, your impatience... and be completely naked before God's presence.  It's the place where He picks you up tenderly, wraps His loving arms around you, rocks you gently and lets you know that He's daddy and everything will be alright.  He lets you know that you're loved beyond measure, he strengthens you, wipes away your tears, dries your face, kisses you with His presence and tells you that you can do it.. get back up and try again.  It's where He speaks to you, gives you instructions, gives you a gentle tap of correction, redirects you and leads you back to him.  I don't even have the words....

God I just thank you for calling us back to worship.  I can be transparent and say there are times when I haven't been in God's presence like I know I should have.  Sometimes I was being lazy, sometimes it was allowing other things to come before Him, and other times I was just so beat down and so exhausted I didn't have the strength to get there.  There were times I felt like I was crawling to just try and make it into His presence.  I felt like the woman with the issue of blood... if I can just touch the hem of His garment!! My God!!

The past 21 days I embarked on a journey of prayer and fasting with a group of friends and we encountered so many things individually and as a group it was crazy.  Through it all, God kept telling us to stay in his presence, stay on course, keep going, praise Him, worship Him... sometimes our prayer calls would explode in worship as we cried out to God.  It was amazing!  God has restored, healed, delivered, turned some things around, and even set some new things in motion.  I am amazed and totally in awe of what God has done and is doing.

If you haven't been in the presence of God for a long time or haven't felt Him like you once did make some time to get back to worship.  Get your one on one time in with God. I promise you things will start to change. You'll handle situations differently, you'll see things differently, have more patience, more grace, more forgiveness in your heart and a greater capacity to love!


Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate