Skip to main content

Pieces of me pt 3- mi familia



But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. 1 Tim. 5:8NKJV



 2012 has certainly been a year all about family for me... I've always been a firm believer that family is not just made up of those you're stuck with (blood relatives & those who got "I do'd" in) but also those you adopt in your heart and those who Gods send you on purpose. My natural family is huge!! I've been finding and have been found by many relatives (thanks Facebook!) this year.  I hope I get to meet them all face to face very soon.  It's so important to know your heritage and who your people are for so many reasons...

Beyond getting to know new family members, I've had a lot of time to spend with the not so new ones this year and boy did I learn a lot!  Yep!  I got to spend a good part of the summer with my nieces and nephew, which was great!  I'd missed their birthdays and all the good stuff because of being in grad school so I had a blast playing games, cooking, dancing, and hanging out with them.  It's always great to see my big brother and sis-in-law (she's my real sister... i adopted her before they ever got married)I even got to spend time with my little brother who stays in the wind... tracking him down is like trying to find a specific grain of sand on the beach... smh.. Of course I kicked it with my dad & grandmama!  Good times!  

I've gone through some quick and amazing transitions with my church family!  We've had elevations, launched 4 new locations (with more to come), and have impacted lives for the better.  It's been a year!!  At times I felt like I was on Mr. Toads wild ride things were shifting and transitioning so fast... buckle up and keep all body parts inside the vehicle!  LOL  

 I can't say this year has been an easy one, but with the help of my family.... all inclusive, I've made it.  This has been a year that I've learned that family comes down to a few things for me... loyalty, unity, and 1Tim. 5:8.  We take care of each other!! PERIOD!  We Love each other! PERIOD!!

We don't always agree or see eye to eye, but we love each other... we laugh, joke, play, handle business, work for the Kingdom of God, fuss, argue, and sometimes even fall out... but at the end of the day... we all pull together to take care of one another.  

I've always been blessed to have that kind of family, but this year has really shown me to what extent.  When God told me to work for Him and He'd take care of me... I didn't question how, I just agreed.  I can honestly say it's been done through my family... through time, words of kindness and encouragement, correction, money, food, gas, a listening ear, a scripture, clothing, and more than anything love and prayer.  I don't know how I could have made it through this year without them.

It's been amazing to see God bless them and give them increase even to be in a position to help me.  Won't He do it!!!  God never ceases to amaze me...If you don't have a natural family or aren't close with them, take it to God.  I'm a witness that He will add amazing people to your life, to your family, and will change the dynamics in your natural family if it needs work. 

 In 2013, take time to get back to family... plan a game night, cook a meal, have a family dinner... do something to spend time together, love on one another, REALLY make sure everyone is good, and get to know each other beyond the surface.  Take care of one another, love one another, and if you haven't already.... come to Jesus together....

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate