Skip to main content

Take me to the King

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2

This week has been a very interesting one and all I can say is I thank God for His word and His omniscience.  I went to a concert tonight and Tamela Mann truly ministered to my soul.  Her last song of the night was her newest single called Take me to the King.  When I tell you this lady sang my life in that song... smh It's been on repeat since I got in the car. Jesus! 

The chorus says...

Take Me To The King
I don’t have much to bring
My heart’s torn into pieces
It’s my offering

Lay me at the throne
Leave me there alone
To gaze upon Your glory
And sing to You this song
Please Take Me To The King


All week long I've been feeling restless and really just a way that I couldn't explain.  God was showing me things and sending me messages to relay to others but in the process, He was chin checking me too.  Before He sent me to give His word to someone else, He corrected me.  He gave me a warning for someone and after it was issued, showed me the condition of my own heart.  I promise you, it wasn't anywhere close to what I thought it looked like. 

I still have some hurt and pain that I need to let go of. Still have some places that only He can heal, but I have to give them to Him to be healed.  I still have some issues with being judgemental at times, with being ungrateful, being lazy, not fully walking in all that He's callled me to do, not utilizing all of my gifts and talents, and talking with my face aka looking at people crazy.  I still have issues with my thought life, time management and discipline, and many other things.  There are some things that have offended me and I didn't even realize it until today.  All I know is, my heart is jacked up and I have to get it right. 

When my heart is overwhelmed, which it ofetn is, I'm thankful that I can go to the rock, Jesus, that is higher than I.  My heart was overwhelmed with/by pain, hurt, my past, lack, complexes, shortcomings, unforgiveness, offense, fear, doubt, and speechlessness.  But after the move of God tonight,  my heart is overwhelmed with joy and the love of Jesus.  My daddy, my healer, my redeemer, my mind regulator, my peace, my joy, my breath, my life, my comfort, my courage, my strength, my advocate, my rock, my hiding place, the lifter of my head, the collector of my tears, the lover of my soul.  See when you go running to the rock you can't help but be reminded of who Jesus is TO YOU!

I know I still have work to do on my heart, but He's also my doctor and He gave me a precription for all of my ailments.  66 books, 1189 chapters to be taken daily, several times a day, and as needed.  This is one medication ya don't have to worry about overdosing on.  You can take as much as u want, as often as you want. So take a minute to get to a still and quiet place to examine your heart.  When God shows you the condition, don't be surprised, just take the medicine and let Him do the surgery..



P.S.  Go buy this album when it comes out, notice I said BUY.  Sow into their ministry and support the people you love in the industry.

Comments

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate