Skip to main content

So yeah.... I know

It's been a while since I was here... but so much has happened and God has said so much I really haven't had words to express how I've been feeling except for WOW... I can't very well fill up the whole page with wow.. wow... wow... so here I am... standing naked before God...

these past few weeks have been such and amazing experience and crazy move of God... I can't put into words how truly wonderful and mind blowing He really is.  I was sitting here trying to think of what to write and so much flooded my mind but the thing that came back and slapped me was a dream that my friend had and shared with me.. she said in the dream I had dropped some weight and was looking in the mirror and dropped my robe and stood there naked looking at my reflection with kind of a wow expression...   of course the dream was a spiritual one and as we began to talk and share, I realized that this is where I am in my life... standing naked before God...

I've dropped some weight- some people, some things I used to do, places I used to go, old paradigms, relationships, friendships, hurt, pains, worries, fears...  Hebrews 12:1 ...Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily besets us... 

 I admire my reflection- I'm beginning to look more and more like my daddy... my walk has changed, my talk has changed, my thoughts have changed, my goals and priorities have changed, my focus has changed... Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus

And I am definitely amazed at and by God-  God has just opened up my eyes and ears and blown my mind... He's bigger, better, sweeter, more amazing and wondrous than I could even wrap my little mind around....Ephesians 3:21 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us....
 1 Corinthians 2:9 Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Genesis 2:25 says that Adam and Eve were in the garden naked but they were not ashamed... but look at the same situation as they stood in the garden after being tempted and eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.  Genesis 3:7 says that they sewd together fig leaves to cover themselves...

Their eyes had been opened and they knew they were naked and had sinned.  We've all been here... how many times has God told us not to do something and we do it anyway?  Then have the nerve to try and cover it up... with filth...we sin and deny it, cheat, lie steal and rationalize it.. explain it away, we have a cover story for everything...

Well where were you when that check came up missing?? What happened to you when it was time to feed the hungry, or share the gospel with someone??  What do you say when you know you just lied to someone you love and all you can do is tell another lie to cover it up?? Where were you when God told you to go lay hands on the sick?? What was in your glass?? What were you smoking??  Whose bed were you in??

I'm tired... leaf... I have to be somewhere... leaf... I'm just not feelin it...leaf.... I don't think it takes all that... leaf... I can't help it... leaf... I'm not hurting anybody... leaf... I'm grown, I'll do what I want to do... leaf... God didn't tell me that.. He might have told you but... leaf.... I know I'm wrong but I can repent later... LEAF!


We have so many excuses for everything...we're creating our own leaf garments but God is calling us to be naked... come up higher, take your rightful seat, walk in what He has for you...

This isn't what God intended for us.  Genesis 2:25 says "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."  Adam and Eve stood in God's presence naked and surrounded by everything He'd given them, everything they'd need... This is where God wants us to be... standing in His presence naked... be honest with Him and ourselves.  He already knows our issues, our flaws, our struggles and our failures... He's just waiting for us to come to Him and keep it all the way real.

He's waiting on you to say....God I'm a mess.. I have a problem with lying.. I just can't open my mouth and tell the truth.. Jesus I can't stop fornicating... I know it's wrong but I want to do it anyway and I don't have power over my flesh... Lord the thoughts that come to my mind are terrible, nasty, unclean and inappropriate... I have a problem with drugs and alcohol.. I'm an addict.. I'm an adulterer... I have thoughts of murder.. I'm holding anger and hatred in my heart.. Lord I don't know how to love.. I don't like people... I don't know how to be saved God...

whatever your issues are He's waiting on you to be honest with Him about them... once you can take off the leaves and uncover your mess before God He can begin to change you, clean you up.. renew your heart, renew your mind, give you a new attitude, change your thought process... He'll wash you in His word and clothe you in righteousness...

Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.


Get naked before God and let Him do a new thing in you...
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  2 Corinthians 5:17

Comments

Anonymous said…
HUNEY! It's Shante Telfer, I just wrote another piece (poem) as a result of this blog. Thank you for allowing the word of God to flow into your heart and through your life. Breath babygirl breath! And btw the poem is EXHIBITION OF ME. It will be included in my book! I'll keep you posted about the release dates!

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate