Skip to main content

Leaves...

So I'm on FB today and one of my beautiful sisters updates her status to say:  (edited for privacy yall too nosey)

"Just got back in the house. My son had the bright idea to rake the leaves then he was like mama it's getting dark. Even though I did most of the work I taught him an important lesson to finish whatever you start and if you need help ask...."

 I think this is absolutely awesome! It so inspired me and God spoke a word directly in her post.  When you're on assignment (raking the leaves) you might want to throw in the towel when it gets rough or you don't understand (it's dark) but finish... and you don't have to do it by yourself.. help is always available, all you have to do is ask. 

Sometimes God make speak a word that's hard for us to digest or put us on an assignment that challenges us in ever area of out lives.  How many times have you started with tenacity, a great attitude, clear directions and the energy to make it happen... but somewhere along the line....  you get weak and weary, the instructions sound like a language you don't speak and you're holding on by the last thread like Lord if you don't do it, it won't be done... or maybe people and circumstances have just drained you, broken your heart, or stolen pieces of your identity...

What do you do??  

Get a spirit like Nehemiah when he was building the walls and say I am doing a great work and cannot come down... Neh. 6:3

Remember that what you go through is not for you anyway... Acts 20:24  But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Remember Psalm 23 - He's a shepherd, a leader,  He'll give you rest, He's a guide, He's a comforter, He's already prepared a feast before your enemies (put your haters on blast), He's anointed you to do it and in times like these you can break the emergency glass and access His grace and mercy.

He'll never leave you nor forsake you Deut. 31:8


He's an ever present help Psalm 46:1



Most importantly remember...that he which has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Philippians 1:6

If you're in the middle of something and it's dark ask for help to finish the assignment!!! Don't give up!! 




Comments

Unknown said…
This is soooo beautiful! to God be the glory.

Order Your Copy Today!

Translate